Friday, October 31, 2008

BYU Parents Weekend-and turning 39 yrs old

Sadie loves facebook and is doing well at BYU. She is so happy and nice and loving the devotionals, classes, etc. She takes the express bus down in the early morning and comes back on the last ones at night. We never see her! She is not working now because we think school is work enough. Last weekend (my 39th birthday) we went as a family to Parents Weekend at the Y. We went to a Luau, heard the band, saw the Living legends (Polynesian dancers and of course the slap dance), heard Voice Male (which we loved!! the songs are still going around in my head), we went to a tailgate party at the Hinckley Alumni bldg, we bowled till too late at night, and then we ran a 5 k as a family in the morning. For our family Sadie came in first, Matt and I ran the whole race together and then were followed by Heather, then Chris and Megan together. Matt is a good running buddy. We are at the same fitness level. Sadie and Heather went to their first BYU game while the rest of us swam and shot hoops at the field house. There was more to do than we could do. We ended the day going to a mongolian all you can eat buffet that I think is great. They were all to tired to eat much. It was funny. Laundry mountain did not get done this weekend! Chris was great buying me gorgeous flowers and a cake/pie for my birthday. I am going to be seriously old on my next birthday. Time to start wearing wrinkle cream and dieting! HaHa. Word to the wise, start saving (specifically) for your child's education if you haven't yet. A hunking chunk of my paycheck each month goes to tuition! She earned what she could over the summer, but kids that age don't earn that much. We are glad she is loving the Y! --Jessica